The aPODD Foundation is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information.
At the aPODD Foundation, we are committed to keeping the trust and confidence of everyone who comes into contact with us. It is important that you know we record your personal data when you do things like visit our website or use our services and we want you to trust us with that information.
Please note we do not share, swap or sell your details with any Company, Charity or other third party for their marketing purposes.
- How we collect information
- What information we collect
- Why we collect it
- How we use your information
- How you can access and update your information
- If you have any queries about this statement, please email email@example.com
Alternatively write to us at Virginia Cottage, Bridgnorth Road, Stourton, Stourbridge, Staffordshire. DY7 5BQ.
How we collect information
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- Directly – we collect information when you do things such as register on our website, request a service from us, fundraise on our behalf, make a donation, give personal data to us.
- Via other organisations – you may have provided permission for a company or other organisation to share your data with third parties, including charities, e.g. when completing a lifestyle survey or buying something from a mail order catalogue. We may also receive information from online services you use such as Facebook and Twitter if you have given them permission to share this with us.
- Information publicly available – we may combine information you provide to us with information available from external sources in order to gain a better understanding of our supporters. This may include published information found in newspapers/articles as well as information found in places such as Companies House.
Cookies are also used to help us gather statistics on the use of our website anonymously, as well as provide us with information about how the website is used so that we can make sure it’s as kept up to date, relevant and error free as we can.
What information we collect
The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it. If you support us, for example make a donation, volunteer, register to fundraise or engage with our social media, we will usually collect the following information:
Your name, your contact details, your date of birth, your communication preferences, your bank or credit card details, as the contact name for an organisation.
We may also ask for additional information, but only when appropriate. We may ask why you have decided to support us. This question will never be mandatory, and we only want to know the answer if you are comfortable telling us.
Why we collect your information
We use the information we collect from you to improve the way we communicate and work with you. The information you provide us during your use of our services, or when using our website, will be held on our servers and computers. This information will be used to review, develop and improve our support services, our website and online services to enable us to provide you with relevant information as requested by you.
How we use your information
- To provide you with the services or information you have requested
- To process your donation or to support your fundraising, including processing gift aid with HMRC if relevant
- To ask you to help us raise money, or to donate through our appeals
- To provide you with information about our work and activities or to send you materials that you have asked for
- To invite you to events
- To keep a record of your relationship with us, such as requests for information or attending an event
- Managing and improving how we communicate with you
- Keeping record of any communications between us, such as the management of feedback or complaints, including emails and phone calls
How you can access or update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change phone number, address or email address, or if any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we protect personal information?
We use a secure server when you make a donation via our website. We also take appropriate measures to make sure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up-to-date. We regularly review the information we hold and will only keep your personal information for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is used.
Will we disclose your personal details and information we collect to outside parties?
- If you have asked us to not contact, you for marketing/fundraising purposes we will not do so. However, we will keep your details on a ‘do not contact’ list to help ensure we do not continue to contact you
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are required to do so through legal obligation (for example the police or a government body).
- We do not share your information for any other purposes other than outlined in this policy.
The aPODD Foundation is not responsible for the practices of other organisations, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or any social media platform provider. Any personal information you choose to disclose to other organisations through our social media pages is not our responsibility.
By providing us with your personal data, including sensitive personal data such as on your health, you consent to the collection and use of any information you provide in accordance with the above purposes and this privacy statement.
You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the information we hold about you; to get a copy of the information we hold about you, please write to the aPODD Foundation’s Data Protection Officer at the address below.
- The aPODD Foundation, Virginia Cottage, Bridgnorth Road, Stourton, Stourbridge, Staffordshire. DY7 5BQ.
- If your personal details change you can update or amend the information we hold about you;
- Change your communication preferences at any time, if you want to stop receiving emails, click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our emails;
- Ask us to remove your personal information from our records;
- Object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes; or
- Raise a concern or complaint about the way in which your information is being used.
In the first instance, you should contact the aPODD Foundation using our standard complaints procedure, so we can attempt to resolve any concerns.
If you remain unhappy with our use of your personal data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Any questions about the operation of this policy or any concerns that the policy has not been followed should be referred in the first instance to the Data Protection Officer, email@example.com
Changes to the Policy
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement. If we do, we will post notice of the change on our website and you will have deemed to have accepted such changes.
If you have any questions or want to find out more about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org